Planning a build soon... need some feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LenardNemoi

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

Im planning to do a build quite soon. All I really want to do is build an up-to-date system using quality components. Im prepared to spend a little bit... but also do not want to go overboard either.

I would like your opinion, input, crits... anything that will contribute to building a system of quality up to date parts.

So far this is my selection:

Gigabyte EP45T-Extreme $320 (I've also been eyeing the X48T-DQ6, although im not sure the pros/cons so any input between these two boards would be appreciated)

Intel Q9550 $385
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9550 - SLAWQ

G.Skill 2X 4G Kit DDR3 1333 $570

Asus GTX280 TOP $566

Pioneer 216 $34

Coolermaster RealPower Pro 1000W $299

WD Sata "AV Drive" 750G $133

WD Sata 1TB $165

Thermaltake Full Xaser VI $279
Xaser VI VG4000SWA

Total - $2751

The amount of money you're willing to spend. I'd wait 2-3 months, Nahalem is going to be out and will be well worth that cash rather than your current spec is going to be outdated in 2 months.

That power supply is an absolute joke.

As mentioned if you want to spend an absurd amount of money, wait for the new processors, 20-30% faster.

Ventriac; The nehalem "processor" looks to be the next evolutionary step from their current processors... so I guess it would be better off to wait until these come out and then think up a build. Thanks for the heads up.... did'nt think these were coming out so soon.

redmoon; whats wrong with the coolermaster psu? Do you have any recommendations for a quality psu that aint an...... absolute joke?

I'd just wait for nahalem and compare prices when the time comes, i'm sure when the processor comes out there are going to be a lot more "new build" posts. And from there you'll be able to decide what you want, but you should make another post when the time comes to get the most up to date computer with the amount of money that's willing to be spent.

Redmoon told you it was an absolute joke as you don't need a power supply that powerful. You could get away with a 650 W power supply, which is much cheaper than the 1000W one which is unneeded

that computer would be able to play any game for the next 4 years likely nehalem or not. that would be one badass comp

that computer would be able to play any game for the next 4 years likely nehalem or not. that would be one badass comp

Yeah more than likely, but when your about to spend that amount of money why not hold of 1.5 months to get an even better system, and run games for the next 6 years? Apparently you didn't get the point I was trying to make :D

there's supposed to be a nehalem that costs right around 300 bucks.
and ventriac...when he builds a nehalem rig it will be outdated in two moths as well, lol...its the nature of the beast.

what everyone seems to forget about nehalem is:
a) you have to have a new mobo...who knows how much they will cost?
b) you have to have ddr3...we all know how much that costs.
which means that the nehalem rig could cost substatially more than a yorkfield rig. unless it really is 20-30% faster, it might not be worth it. the only way to tell is to wait. who wants to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom