New built computer FREEZES please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
might, I'm not sure, haven't been to a bestbuy for something like 18 years *moved to the midwest, they don't have any there* that'd be a question for one of the other members. might also call radio shack and see if they might be able to direct you, though I'm not sure on that one either.

****EDIT****
BestBuy.com - Search Results

LOL OK! So do you think it could be the CPU overheating? What doesn't make sense to me is if the system is overheating yes it will cause shutdowns, restarts, and freezing i totally agree but what I don't understand is if it is overheating it shouldn't affect the OS files. When it freezes and I hold the power button to turn the machine off then turn it back on it won't boot to windows anymore. I know that if it keeps restarting over a period of time that can screw of some windows files but not once. What is your take on this? I mean it worked for a month. Just doesn't make any sense.

well, if you didn't reapply the thermal paste in the first place, the thermal paste that was on it won't adhere to the cpu and heatsink, and this is critical to keeping your cpu in good working order. yes, I think it's the cpu overheating, esp since it does that when it's under a workload. if it's not that, then we'll attack the problem from a different angle, but whenever you take the heatsink off the cpu, ALWAYS reapply thermal paste. just hope that you haven't damaged the cpu. the software end of it. if it's restarted while in the windows loading stage, then some of your software can be damaged. it was worse with older os's, but you can still cause the os damage by restarting it while in the loading phase.

just hope that you haven't damaged the cpu. the software end of it. if it's restarted while in the windows loading stage, then some of your software can be damaged. it was worse with older os's, but you can still cause the os damage by restarting it while in the loading phase.

What do you mean it can damage the software if it restarts while in the windows loading stage. The computer never shutoff while installing windows. The only time it ever restarts is when windows is already installed. Although one time i believe it froze while installing windows updates however the hd was formatted so that shouldn't matter...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom