17'' Lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

fais7

Baseband Member
My friends wants an LCD. She had bought a Samsung 720n recently for her mom and seems quite happy with it. I was looking at it now and it seems like a Samsung 740n is out (Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 740N-BK Black 17" 8ms LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 600:1 - LCD Monitors). Is this any good and are there any other models she should look at. She runs a Gforce 8600 on her pc and has a DVI output though I've heard DVI does not have a lot of advantage over analog (D-Sub) connectivity, so is spending that extra money on a DVI compatible LCD worth it for a general user? (for example on the Samsung 743BX Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 743BX Black 17" 5ms LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 7000:1 (700:1) - LCD Monitors)
Thanks in advance

well DVI i much better (imo) its a digital signal not analog. but for a general user you might not care i would think she would be happy with the Samsung 720n.

Is there a reason your friend wants a display that small? You can find larger ones for the same or even less money.

She prefers 17'' inch. She's not looking for anything bigger though she might look at 19'' if she likes it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom