New Computer Rough draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Corsair ram has bad timings. These Patriot Vipers are better.

Newegg.com - Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Good choice on the hard drive and cpu. I would get the HD4850 over the 9800gtx.

For the motherboard I would get a Biostar p43.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I have an Antec 300 case and have been very happy with it. I recomend adding two additional intake fans on the front.

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
+ either 2x Newegg.com - Rosewill RFA-120-BL 120mm 4 Blue LEDs LED Case Fan - Case Fans
or if you don't want LED's 2x Newegg.com - Rosewill RFA-120-K 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans

You will need a good psu to power this system. I recommend the Corsair 550vx.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply 90 - 264 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Power Supplies

It would be very difficult to use a micro atx case like that. The HD 4850 gives of allot of heat so you will need a case with good cooling which most small cases do not have. You would also need a micro atx mothe4rboard and power supply which usually aren't as good as full size atx ones.

Timings refer to latency and the lower the better.

then what would be a good case thats not too big but still can fit alot with good air flow

1vsy6isbyntr2pk5fauc.png

is this good?

I'd switch the processor to the other picture'd one.. The 189.99 one. Don't know if they're the same, but the other one has about 2100 reviews with 90%.
Also, someone is going to say something about the psu, is a 500w suffcient? i'd prob go with the corsair 550, or 650, but that might be fine.I'm not sure about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom