wont read ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

elreece

Baseband Member
i jsut finished installing my new psu and ram, upon booting up an runnin cpuz it tells me the ram in slot 4# isnt there when i know it is lol, it is properly put in its slots an colour coded correctly as its partner in slot 2# is being recognised any idea why the ram in slot 4# is not being recognised thanks 4 your help

i have no idea how to read or do memtest86 is there any other way i can check to see if its working

Hello,

MemTest86 is very simple. Just burn the disc. From there boot with it in the tray. It will auto boot. From there it will test yoru RAM. It will then give you a output. If you see a massive amount of errors then you know that the RAM stick is bad. IF there is no such errors then the RAM stick is fine.

This is teh best known way to test RAM.

Cheers,
Mak

ok ran memmtest 86 with no errors so i beleive slot 4# is dead but that leads me to a whole new porblem, my ram wil still not read and i have tested it andit works fine in teh 3 other channels i have duel channel ram andthe ram will simply jsut not work when paired together but speratly i.e as in if there in a slot an its corresponding colour is empty or they work sometimes and then when teh computer is restarted it will show that it is not there, i have no idea what else i can do i have tested every combination of ram in every differnt slot an it is still very unstable if anyone has any ideas or has any similar experience it would help a whole lot ! thanks guys

Hello,

If it wont run in non dual channel mode. Take the RAM out of slot 2 and 4 till you can get a replacement mobo. That way you are not runnign dual channel with the bad slot that isnt being recognized.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom