Nvidia 7600 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

JumaadJ

Baseband Member
Anyone know any good updated drivers for this card?

I have the ones it came with and it always asks me to update when I start games and such.

You have to get em from whoever made your notebook. What brand/model do you have?

Go to the manufacturers website and pull up your model and download the most current drivers for it.

I would try nvidia ebsite first

nVidia doesnt have the mobile drivers. Nor does Windows Update. Windows Update is used for Windows Updates. Not Driver updates.

As Jorsoft said. Go to your manufacturer's website. Be it Toshiba or HP or Dell. They should have them there.

Cheers,
Mak

Windows Update does offer driver updates when they have them.

Yes but those are basic MS certified drivers, they normally lack all but basic functionality and are especially bad for graphics cards. They'll do in a pinch but you'll really want to get the real deal from the manufacturer of the notebook.

Yes but those are basic MS certified drivers, they normally lack all but basic functionality and are especially bad for graphics cards. They'll do in a pinch but you'll really want to get the real deal from the manufacturer of the notebook.

Maybe for XP since MS wants everyone to switch to Vista. But MS does have the full Vista driver for the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX adapter available via Windows Update. The MS NVidia driver was 9 months newer then the old one Dell had sitting on their servers. I wouldn't expect MS to provide this kind of service for low end laptops.

Hello,

Windows Update does NOT carry the latest set of drivers. They are at least a month to 2 months behind. A new driver will be released and have fixes for known issues and it will take up to 2 months maybe more before they are on Windows Update. Not to mention the only drivers on there are the ones that are completely certified by Microsoft. While not every driver released is.

You will be waiting a long time for the driver to hit Windows Update. In that time 2 or even 3 new sets will have been out. Use the nVidia site. It is faster and much better than expecting windows Update to do everything for you.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom