Should I Buy This Beast Of A Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha no I actually got this computer for free from a friend who could'nt get it to work, all it needed was a new hdd :D . But I'vr never looked into upgrading it cause I'd rather save that money untill I have enough to build a new one.

So I guess I'm gonna go ahead and buy this server, does anyone know if there are any new cases that would hold the motherboard?

That's almost the same thing as I got and mine is 1.7GHz and I can barely stand mine, for $100 that would be better then what you have now.

ok now that im buying this comp maybe i can get some help fixing it up. First off some of the ports arent working like the ps/2 mouse and the usb/firewire ports, theres a usb 2.0 card inside right now which is what im using but id like to get the other ports working aswell.

And another thing is the ram, does anyone know where i can get some more? Heres are cpuz details:

ss2jv2.png

ss3vf3.png

I'm guessing it would be too much of a hassle to upgrade the cpu's but I would like to upgrade the heatsinks so I need to know what kind will fit?

As for the gfx card i know the current one is kinda old but I don't want to spend too much money on a new one cause Im not going to be gaming on this computer. And if I do get a new one I would like to be able to hook up more than one monitor at a time.

Thanks for all the info so far guys :D

RAMBUS? Haven't seen that in a while, it's hella spendy and pretty rare. Looks like this model takes PC800 45ns (not sure if 40ns Rambus will work but I assume it won't). Prices are varying very widely for this ram and eBay is probly your best bet. Depending on how you want it (4x256mb or 2x512mb) you might drop anywhere from $70-200 on a gig of the stuff.

I'd still get it, though. Nice PC for only $100.

RAMBUS was mad fast when it came out because at first the only other ram around was SDR. It's latencies were always really weird, though, and one of the many reasons it's not really around any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom