new build helppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate all your opinions but lets try to stay on track haha... by looking at the MINIMUM requirements i want to make a bulky future proof machine that can render things REAL easily n fast. My MAX im looking to spend is 2000...im just trying to get the best stuff for my buck.

i was looking at the q6600 (any opinions? any others i should be looking at?)
as for GPU i prefer ati OR Nvidia, im just trying to find out which runs better when rendering...also do you think it would be better if i connect 2 video cards (SLI/Crossfire?)

P.S. ITS NOT FOR GAMING!!!! this is for rendering purposes!!! (i am a producer)

is the q6600 good enough for a build like this or could i get better for that price range???

also, what about the MOBO?

Well, I'm not sure whether this program is quad threaded...

Take a look at the q6600 (2.4ghz) or if you want a fast dual core look at the e8600 (3.33ghz)

Like I stated before. You MUST use an Nvidia graphics card as ATi cards are unsupported.

For this program a Quadro would be advisable.

For a motherboard it says you need a PCI-E 4x slot. Use the power search on newegg to find a couple boards with one.

yea, i just realised i needed an NVIDIA card. But now which card do i get that can work well with the Q6600 in rendering terms...

also, those are MINIMUM requirements so i would like to take a few steps above what they have listed =/

therefore, is there a specific mobo out there that gives an advantage to video editing / rendering?

Look at the Quadro line of video cards...

Anything in the $400+ range should work excellent.

As for motherboards, more expensive is better.

also, i tried searchin newegg for PCI-E 4x .... but all i see is 16x...i don't get it...where did u see that i needed a PCI-E 4x

Avid Media Composer Mojo DX

Thats where it says it. I remember you mentioned Mojo...

After looking it up, it seems a 4x card will work in a 16x slot. There is no physical difference.

Pick whatever motherboard you like. Asus, ABIT, DFI, XFX, MSI, Evga all make excellent boards.

EDIT: You honestly have no idea what I'm talking about do you? I'm going off the system requirements for the software he's building this rig around. Not whatever the heck it is Vista needs, which is completely irrelevant.

*************************************************************************************

I have no idea where your looking at these system requirements but heres the text right off the company web page.

Minimum system requirements for Media Composer Software - Windows
Processors:

* Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz

System Memory:

* 2GB of RAM
o Note 1: If working with complex sequences, (multiple effects/streams) or compressed HD resolutions 4 GB of RAM is recommended.
o Note 2: Vista requires 4 GB of RAM

Graphics Card:

* NVidia Quadro FX 560 or higher
o Note 1: Only Nvidia cards are supported
o Note 2: Full Screen play feature requires a minimum of 128MB of graphics memory

Heres a link in case you don't believe me

Avid Media Composer Software

When we're talking about rendering and the kinds of tasks his rig will likely be doing then h*** yeah more memory will help. These applications are total resource hogs.

I don't get what you mean by linking the 780i board... You're just undermining your prior point. Good motherboards aren't cheap, get over it...

Newegg.com - Patriot 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

8 gigs for under 400. Not even 2 years ago I paid 250 bucks for a high end 2gb kit of memory. These days everything is cheap.

Look things up next time properly so you don't spread wrong information.

lol aspire, u didnt clarify at all so don't try to act like you're so smart.

4. Under the system requirements it says 4gb of ram is required for Vista. If that's the case then 8gb seems like a fairly reasonable thing to go for

You said 4gbs required for system requirements. that was it. not that his software on vista requires that.

So I spread no wrong information. Don't be a jackass and change what you're trying to say after being proved wrong. Anyways I'm done on this thread get what ya want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom