Can I Mod my laser mouse to green laser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from what I've read...you can only make burning lasers with DVD-RW lasers. Found a good site though, for DIY guides.

^yeah, i found that out also, and you need a laser module thingy, which is 4 bucks but im not gonna order one juts to do this....(pm me some links please?)

Hmm, I looked on Metacafe and couldn't find the video I saw before. I'm pretty sure it was by KipKay, but I looked through all his videos and didn't see it. It was really in-depth and easy to follow.

You can get the little laser pointers in like gas stations and stuff for like 5 bucks. You'll need one for this, all you do is replace the regular diode with the DVD laser diode, and supposedly it becomes really powerful.

If someone does it and makes it work...post a video. :D

There is some dude on Instructables who converted a blueray laser to pop balloons at about 10ft best thing is he mounted it into a old style (Kirk era) Faser from star treck, looks well cool an would be great to play with. But for gods sake don't EVER look at the beem it can damadge your eyes.

Hmm, I looked on Metacafe and couldn't find the video I saw before. I'm pretty sure it was by KipKay, but I looked through all his videos and didn't see it. It was really in-depth and easy to follow.

You can get the little laser pointers in like gas stations and stuff for like 5 bucks. You'll need one for this, all you do is replace the regular diode with the DVD laser diode, and supposedly it becomes really powerful.

If someone does it and makes it work...post a video. :D
Actually from what I've heard, you shouldn't follow Kipkay's tutorial, because he didn't use a driver or a laser module (if I remember right). Driver being important to prolong the life of your laser.

If someone does do it, please be very careful, that laser would put your eye out...

That's why you don't use CD reader lasers, because they're IR and can't be seen. DVD burner drives are only recommended because they make a red beam that you can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom