??? on monitors, resolution, and dual displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
My current monitor:

Newegg.com - Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - LCD Monitors

It has been a great monitor, but now I am looking at some other monitors and I am thinking about upgrading within the next couple of days......(when my GTX 260 gets in)

I have 3 questions.

When you use dual monitors what is the best configuration? Meaning, do you want to stretch the image or what? What I would want to do is game on one monitor and surf the web on the other....is that possible? Is there a huge performance hit with dual monitors?

Is the upgrade from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 a huge difference? Is it going to be worth the $370-$500 I am planning on spending?

Finally, which monitor? These are the 3 I am looking at:

Newegg.com - Hanns·G HG-281DJB Black 27.5" 3ms with X-Celerate™ Technology HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height Adjustment 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2693HM Glossy Black 26" 5ms DVI HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height/Pivot Adjustments 400 cd/m2 DC 3000:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - Acer P243WAid Black-Silver 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 400 cd/m2 3000:1 ACM - LCD Monitors

Alot of times I use the feature "extend monitor on multiple screens" and that usually works fine, It works it allows me edit videos alot better. Duplicate monitors is pointless because they both show the exact same thing. I do believe extending is the only way to do it and for it to be completely worth it.

Correct me If im wrong.

No It doesnt. I used to use it with a 17" Lcd and 19 CRT. Only matters compatability. e.g. Card, Resolution, Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom