Memory Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragon

In Runtime
Ive got 1Gb of DDR Memory in my machine OK, and the first time i got memory dumps I asked Ultra (which is the Memory company) what memory is going to work right in my Mobo, they sent those modules to me. Now when I boot up my computer I get a blue screen saying that I may have to turn off Memory settings in the bios called Shadowing and Caching, does anyone know how to disable these?

When you go into the BIOS, depending on the BIOS type you have, there should be a menu option called Integrated Peripherals. Go into there and you will be faced with a fair few options. Caching and Shadowing will be situated there. Use the +/- buttons to alternate between the available options. Save your settings and exit. Do not disable the L2 caching, because your system will become extremely slow and probably unstable.

TMT. :cool:

damn I don't think My mobo has that, Does anybody know where to disable Shadowing and Caching for System Memory?

go to ur BIOS menu then go to Advanced BIOS Features and Advanced Chipset Features, you'll find both of them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom