Just Slap Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other people on this forum will help you out with your parts. But you are wasting money on 1200mhz ram on a board that only supports 800mhz.

The ram will only run at 800mhz....

This is wrong. The DDR2 standard is 800 but any speed will work as long as it is DDR2.

leave ur listings for the buy sell trade section (i did that once and the mods didn't like it, so just a head up, a link in your sig, or just a take a look at this deal and then a helpful post about his situation is better, trust me :)

ferarri...that motherboard only supports up to 800mhz ram, since 1200 is obviously over that it will not run at it's native speed, the motherboard will downclock it to what it supports, in this case 800mhz.

u probably don't need the GTX280, a HD4870 will run stuff just fine. Get something similar to my rig and it'll fly.

This is why I said i am crazy, I don't need a gig of vram, it just so happens to fit into my budget. i familiar with the specs, and so far it is the best single card you can get for that price.

not true, u can easily overclock a 4870 past 280gtx performance, with a volt mod even a 4850 can.

I can overlook 4870 to a gtx280 maybe not sure, but a 4870 ocx compared to gtx280 top yields the same results, so performance wise gtx280. i can get the Q9450 an overclock it to the likes of a Q9550, but overclocking both of them Q9550.

like i said 2 more fps with the gtx280 makes it better than the 4870.

Get a 4870X2 and a Q6600 instead. That should some what balance the price down to where you want it.

65nm technology seems like old technology, but honestly (Call me crazy) i have not looked at the benchmarks for the cpus yet.

Also I would need to get an ati mobo and powersupply, I can create a rig with 4870x2 at about 1650

Also crossifre is better than sli, so I might be inclined on doing so.

P.S.
I have changed the ram to a 2x2gb like requested, brought the price down a little. Confused on why a 850psu is overkill when the gpu calls for 550.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom