I need some recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between HD 4870 and GTX260 is $150 here, and that's why I'm not sure I will eventually buy another GTX260. Once I give $470 for it, I won't be happy to do it again :D $320 on the other side is acceptable (prices are approximate)

you can't compare the 3 series to the 4 series. With 8x AA my 3850 chugged out completely (as did my 8800GTS 512mb).....the 4850 on the otherhand just eats it right up

The difference between HD 4870 and GTX260 is $150 here, and that's why I'm not sure I will eventually buy another GTX260. Once I give $470 for it, I won't be happy to do it again :D $320 on the other side is acceptable (prices are approximate)

Woah woah woah, 470 for a 260? thats very high man! The highest priced one on newegg is 417. and u can go for a lower priced one. where are you getting your numbers!?

Newegg.com - GTX 260, Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

XFX gtx 260-- Newegg.com - XFX GX260NADDU GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

$330. not no 470 lol

yeah lol xD. prices differ in other countries. whats cheap in us might not be cheap in Australia for example (corsair psu's). just gonna say, go with a q9550 becaue of the recent price drop, might be a week or so before it drops in ur country but ittl be worth it. just go with 4gb ram.

also ur orignal plan wouldnt have worked. the p5q doesnt support full 16x crossfire its a p45 chipset, u need x38/8 to get crossfire full 16x bandwidth. forget nvidia, go with a 4870x2 and and p5q. dont get sumthin like a 9800gtx sli now, becuase its to old of a card to get sli in now, its not future proof at all.

lol I know he said that but it's all relative. You can still get it for about that price. the price difference is going to be about the same for each. the difference between a 260 and a 4850 shouldnt be more than say 70 bucks

I can back up gurusan on one thing... the 4 series from ATI destroys Nvidia when AA is applied. My 8800gt always started to go down hill in any game when anything above 2xaa was applied.

My 4850, even before I applied any mods, ate up all the AA i threw at it. This is indeed a complete reversal of what ATI was before. There cards used to suck with AA compared to nvidia.

I say go with a 4870x2/ 1 4870. ATM it will max out any game worth talking about (yes crysis would not fall into this category, sorry) and then some.

actually even the 38xx series were better than the G92 once you started applying heavy AA :p

It was the 2900xt that sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom