is XFX any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind_Arrow

Fully Optimized
Last time I came to this forum for personal help was for a GFx card recommendation and I was recommended EVGA by many, so I went for it, pretty good it was as now its time again to change the system. not that I am a gamer, over clocker. but use 3d/2d design a lot. 9800/8800 series and 4870 seemed too heavy for my purpose, so I am going for half decent 9600GT, initially was looking for one with passive cooler, which so far Asus and GigaByte make, unfortunately they arent that readily available so went for XFX 9600GT OC 512MB XXX Alpha Dog Edition. it came with a game, which is of no use to me, nor fancy packaging.

although parts have been already ordered and motherboard and GFx card are already in my possession (still can be replaced). so if any input about XFX's reliability and noise will be beneficial. specs I have ordered this time are

Intel 2.66GHz Q9450 Quad 1333Mhz, 45nm CPU
4 X 1GB DDR-2 Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz (DDR3 is too expensive)
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
XFX 9600GT OC 512MB Alpha Dog XXX Edition
2 X Seagate 250GB SATA-300 (No RAID)
Pioneer BDC-202BK BlueRay ROM, DVD/RW
Antec P182 Case
OCZ 600W StealthXStream PSU (this I found at very last minute, looked nice, so picked it)

and I am changing my monitor this time as well, despite the one I have is still good to go for many years, but, my bad. if someone is using, or has used this monitor, please let me know, as monitor is still on hold as i added to basket, then took it out as I was unsure about quality, specially if you can tell me if the screen is glossy or matt.

BenQ V2400W 24" Monitor

I have option to choose from Samsung T240 (almost same priced) and LG W2452T 24" (Cheaper) as well, so any recommendations are welcome, weather to go with BenQ, or change it. I am after image quality and not response time.

any help, specially about GFx card and Monitor will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Yea XFX and eVGA are the best. I have an XFX card now and I love it.

XFX 9600GT OC 512MB XXX Alpha Dog Edition is a great card, was looking at getting it for awhile, decided to go for the more powerful 9800gtx+ though. if you ever want to SLI, 9600s work in SLI very well

Cheerz, thanks for that confirmation, however today one of my colleagues who bought exactly the same card 2 days before me and never told me until he saw me taking the box out and today i asked him as well about performance, and he confirmed a good output over his passively cooled 8500 GT and no fan sound (that was my main concern) as with my current 7800GS, as soon as I open any small video (even a photo on Media Player) fan starts (in Vista) and this is very very annoying.

cheerz for confirmation for XFX cards as I always thought our company brought the rubbish, now I know they dont.

if someone can please comment in TFT screens too, that will be very beneficial, as GFx can be replaced anytime, but not the screen.

XFX is a great brand...they have a lifetime warranty that is transferable one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom