9800GX2 mobo compatbility problems? HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zionburns

Beta member
Hi all, i would like to thank all in advance for any help given.

Basically im running:
Core 2 quad 2.66ghz (Q9*** series)
Asus P5e3 premium, wifi 64bit built in.
4gig DDR3 at 1333mhz
300gb HDD
DVD R/RW
Vista 64-bit
1000W PSU (correct pins for the 9800gx2)
and finally the problem causer Nvidia 9800GX2
All drivers updated.

It only works in the bottom pci-e slot not the top, im getting poor FPS on games such as WoW, infact i was getting better FPS from a 7600GT. Also im getting lower FPS on games such as age of conan than people running a single 8800GTX (and im on lower graphics settings)

I have the latest drivers and such, and my resolution is only at 1280x1024 (i think thats correct its around that) its certainly not high (im soon to be getting a 22-24" high deff monitor and im basically worried that im wasting my time, this graphics card should be doing FAR FAR better. i mean 10FPS on a game 3 years old, from a £300 graphics card? come on!

P.S, i had it OEM'd and they said it was working perfectly.

Regards Nick

age of conan doesn't play well with duel gpu's...but i dunno your issue with wow. what FPS are you getting? because like 60-70 is the cap for that game...so don't be expecting to pull 300 FPS or anything lol

EDIT: motherboard does sound faulty

ahh that could be why on conan, as far as WoW i was told that the reason may be because my GPU is too good to run it almost, like it doesnt support some of the older functions that are not really used in DX10/9 games but are key to WoW and older ones.

Are there any ways to check if my mobo is faulty/running correctly?

i contacted the retailers, and they said its common with some MOBO's theyre test duel chip graphics cards do the same in some of their mobo's. Im hoping its just driver issues, as other graphics cards work in both the pci-e slots. tbh if i can manage out the next 6 months to a year il just sell on and replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom