windows 98 on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkzephyr

Beta member
I'm trying to hook up the wifi adapter, but it says it needs the drivers. on xp I think it just has the drivers for plug and play... also, my camera is having the same issue. is there a place I can get these drivers? I have no idea where to look.

Hello,

You will have to go to the device manufacturer's website to get the drivers for the WiFi card and camera. If they even have 98 drivers.

But sadly since 98 is very old and not even supported by Microsoft anymore the chances of that are very slim.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

You will have to go to the device manufacturer's website to get the drivers for the WiFi card and camera. If they even have 98 drivers.

But sadly since 98 is very old and not even supported by Microsoft anymore the chances of that are very slim.

Cheers,
Mak
Agreed, you will be hard-pressed to fine a new piece of hardware that supports 98.

There may be a shred of it hope if you've got Windows 98 Second Edition. But Win98 vanilla is really not going to do anything but infuriate you as you scrounge for drivers that don't exist.

Can you post the manufacturer and model numbers of the wifi card and camera in question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom