Overclockng? And CPU heatsink/fan reccomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
very good for budget: xigamtek rifle
even better if have cash: thermalright ultra extreme 120

the TRUe 120 doesnt come with a fan so if you choose that option ull wanna go a ultra kaze or sflex by scythe (high cfm). both of these cooelr should be used with tuniq tx-2 thermal grease.

uve kidna got it covered. but 1.4 is a bit much. better of going straight to 3.2ghz (335mhz fsb) and about 1.325v. every q6600 ive had (3) will pretty much run at that easily. (please note that u might set 1.35v in bios but itll be acutally about 1.28 or sumthin it varies to mobo. So make sure ur reading acutall vcore in cpu-z to check). use this config as a starting point and work from there, so up fsb untill its doesnt make it into windows, then up voltage or decrease to last stavle fsb and, then begin ur prime95 stablilty tests.

with the ram, u can just leave it at its defualt, if u dun think ur gettin good o/c's maybe loosen the timings a bit. 4-4-4-12 should be fine, anything tighter and u might have to loosen.

read the overclocking threads in this forum if u need more help or just post sum more replys. i wouldnt mind helping u i have had quite a few of these cpu's

Cool, cheers mate Helpfull as usual.

ill try that once I get my aftermarket cooler. What would you suggest for that config? If im on a budget of about £30 ($60) with including money for thermal paste (I have some arctic cooling 5 not used at home, that any good?).

artic cooling 5, is as5 (arctic silver 5) i think, so yes thats pretty decent if u dun have the cash just use that.(tx-2 get you maybe 1-2c better at the most.) yeah you should prob go a xigmatek rifle 120mm then. comes with fan and ur set to go. its still up there with tuniq/true 120 and is pretty cheap. kinda like a 4870 vs a gtx280 if u will.

have fun o/c'ing!

the second is better i think, from memory. Asus rnt exactly mainstream cooling experts xD. but look up sum benchies/reviews. the infinity used to be rec. i think it was not too far behind a tuniq, but try ur hardest to get a hold on either of the other coolers i suggested, its worth it. im pretty sure theres uk sites that have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom