couple of apple hardware questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
yeah, i posted this in the apple forum, but you know those guys are *glug glug* :snob: :freak:

HAHAH JUST KIDDING GUYS

anyways, i was wondering what is the native resolution of the NEW 20" cinema display . . .

and the response time for the OLD 23" hd display

also, does (or will) the isight work with windows?

thanks

The following link has the specs for the new displays.

As for the iSight. As far as I understand it there are two major problems.

the first is that the iSight uses a six pin fire wire cable. These pins carry power and not all PC manufacturers use the six pin format. this can be fixed by buying an appropriate firewire interface, ie. external powered hub or a PCI card of some sort.

the second is that there is no driver support beyond the default XP drivers. This means you will get pictures but no sound from the built in microphone. It's anybodies bet as to whether apple will produce drivers for the windows platform. Given their recent posture on closed technologies, ie. the iPod and Real stuff, i can't see them producing them even though I can see it generating extra sales as it's a good camera.

that means you will have to wait for a third party to write the drivers, which brings us back to the Apple and Real situation.

nak-1 said:
the first is that the iSight uses a six pin fire wire cable. These pins carry power and not all PC manufacturers use the six pin format. this can be fixed by buying an appropriate firewire interface, ie. external powered hub or a PCI card of some sort.

who said i was buying a comp from a p.c. manufacturer? :p

well, the thing is, they say optinum resolution . . . whats the NATIVE resolution (i sure as hell hope thats its not 1024x640!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom