Overclocking an Nvidia 8600GT GPU - Clock settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update. I have successfully reach a whopping 700mhz/480mhz, considering stock was a mere 540/400. My GPU is still maintaining full load at around 60C. I have increased core clock speeds by over 25% and the temperature is still virtually the same as before, around 45C idle and 60C stress. When does it end? I am starting to wonder if the overclock is even working, despite being recognised in Ati Tools, Ntune, and my GPU software. I am just skeptical as to how core temperature could not have possibly raised after such a drastic boost in core clock and memory clock. How long does it take playing a highly intensive 3D game to get GPU at full temperature? I'm assuming only 5-10 mins as it seems to get up to temp pretty quickly and it stays fairly constant at this range. I am doing my benchmark testing with Quake 4 everything maxed out at 1680x1050 on 8600gt. I am running GPU temp control in the background so i can monitor it as i play games. Any valid explanations as to why my temperature hasen't increased, assuming that the overclock is even working? How can i be 100% sure? It sure would be nice if it is true, i could overclock to infinity! LOL.

Just an update. I have successfully reach a whopping 700mhz/480mhz, considering stock was a mere 540/400. My GPU is still maintaining full load at around 60C. I have increased core clock speeds by over 25% and the temperature is still virtually the same as before, around 45C idle and 60C stress. When does it end? I am starting to wonder if the overclock is even working, despite being recognised in Ati Tools, Ntune, and my GPU software. I am just skeptical as to how core temperature could not have possibly raised after such a drastic boost in core clock and memory clock. How long does it take playing a highly intensive 3D game to get GPU at full temperature? I'm assuming only 5-10 mins as it seems to get up to temp pretty quickly and it stays fairly constant at this range. I am doing my benchmark testing with Quake 4 everything maxed out at 1680x1050 on 8600gt. I am running GPU temp control in the background so i can monitor it as i play games. Any valid explanations as to why my temperature hasen't increased, assuming that the overclock is even working? How can i be 100% sure? It sure would be nice if it is true, i could overclock to infinity! LOL.

I overclocked mine (I have the 256mb version) and i got it from 540mhz core to 620mhz, I think and I'm saying think I set the memory to about 845mhz.

At these speeds I was able to run 3dmark06 without a crash.

Hey guys - one problem.
I don't think my overclock worked, because although it is recognised in my GPU software when i load up Riva Tuner and view hardware monitoring it has the standard clock speeds. Well actually, the alarming thing is that my memory clock has mysteriously underclocked to 300mhz(was 400mhz at dafault), according to Riva Tuner. What the **** is going on? I hope i didn't damage anything? Why isn't my system recognising my OC!!! It IS listed in Riva tuner, but only in the clock adustement setting, but not the hardware monitoring tab(more accurate i think). This has just baffled me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom