4850 screwing around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh? How do I flash the desired clocks in? I thought you had to have it unlocked also to use CCC? (should I re-uninstal CCC...lol) I'll try that bios when I get home I guess, did you make it?

yeah i made it, its the same one i use.

And you only need an unlocked bios if you want to clock using the CCC...but you can just disable overdrive and flash the bios with different clocks.

and to flash desired clocks in you use RBE or I can do it for you...but use the AMD GPU tool to test for your desired clocks first.

lol

yeah it's easy to use. just google RBE v1.13 ...when you change clocks keep the "locked" option checked.

Also i would use my bios as a template. It's an asus bios and has a .94v idle which is nice because it keeps temps down, especially when pencil modded.

I am 1.08v idle 1.38v load :)

Thats exactly what I want. And your hitting 880/1150..... thats kind of insane.

I just want 800/1100 and I can then chill out :p

Does that cause any stability issues gurusan? Jumping from a low vcore to a high one?

(oh and does your 4850 ever drop down to a 500 core/ 750 mem with stock bios? Mine was doing it at idle.... I thought it was another asus "save the earth, it's the only planet with video cards" feature.)

Nope doesn't cause stability issues...that's powerplay and its supposed to do that..I just made it so the difference is larger.

And yeah at stock it will do 1.1v idle and 500mhz, but I changed the values to .94v and 300mhz for 2d.

I ran 160mhz for awhile but it crashed out sometiems when alt-tabbing to and from games. With 300mhz it's perfectly stable.

Also idles very nice, 22c I've seen with water....usually around 24-26c

Oh sweeeeet. Can't wait till I get home, I hope my pencil mod was enough though, I really didn't notice a big increase in volts...Which pencil mod did you use gurusan? If you used the first one like me, did you make alot of passes on that black thing, because I made like 5-6 really light ones...

I used a mix of the two. I recommend starting with the one you are already on...and you have to shade the heck out of it. I mean really, like 1 billion strokes. Its quite annoying...but once its on it's on pretty thick and it should stick pretty well for the future.

Try to shade it down to like .90 or 1 ohm. THat will give you around 1.32 or so volts....getting it below that is tricky unless you have a more conductive pencil.

oh and remember, NEVER measure resistance when the card is receiving power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom