Best common laptop under $600

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Looking to buy a laptop for common home use, need decent speed, memory, HD space, etc. Last 2 laptops I bought were Dells, not that great...looking at Acer on newegg.

Thanks.

Have you actually owned an Acer that broke on you? I have 36 Acer Laptops at work and all are great! I have never had anything but long lasting quality machines from Acer. Gateway is very crap. They charge way too much for their peripherals as does Dell. If you want my experienced opinion, go HP or Acer.

Which Acer were you looking at?

Have you actually owned an Acer that broke on you? I have 36 Acer Laptops at work and all are great! I have never had anything but long lasting quality machines from Acer. Gateway is very crap. They charge way too much for their peripherals as does Dell. If you want my experienced opinion, go HP or Acer.

Which Acer were you looking at?

I'm too smart to own an Acer. I've worked on literally dozens of them. They don't hold up well and have too many weird hardware issues, their support is crap and essentially worthless, nothing good about them imo. Dells are more reliable than Acer.

I just bought it.

I'm hoping it comes w/ the vista CD so I can remove all the junk on the system and reinstall the OS...do you think it will?

I don't know about Toshibas. I recall them coming with the CD in the box but I don't know if it was a plain Vista CD or if it's just a restore cd loaded with all that crapware.

they have an anywhere upgrade cd which is handy but i dunno if it allows you to completely reinstall or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom