College student looking for right laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I am really tight on money but basically if you look at my signature below, thats the specs where I am used to so I don't expect anything slower than it. I was originally set to buy a mac but they are so expensive for their price compared to their windows counterpart. I mean going to a mac means sacrificing some softwares that I use and at the same time at a high price.

What is a good laptop to buy? Am I just falling into this illusion that the mac pricings are expensive? I will not pay more than $1000 for a laptop.

Any core 2 duo will run circles around any p-4 regardless of frequency.

Lenovo has some very nice laptops, as do Asus, and Gateway.

The mac counter parts are the same price, if not cheaper (most of the time cheaper), then windows machines.

The mac counter parts are the same price, if not cheaper (most of the time cheaper), then windows machines.

Maybe if you are getting a high end gaming laptop. But not midrange or budget.

Apple twice the price of PCs - vnunet.com

It is even proven. Maybe if you get a Mac Mini compared to a laptop. But that is the only comparison that is even close. Even the lowest end Macbook starts at over $1,000 when you can get a decent budget Windows laptop for $600-$800. So i dont know where you get this information from. But even looking at the Apple site:

Apple - MacBook

Macbook starting at $1100.

Dell:

Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Product Details

$499. How is Apple Mac's cheaper?

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom