ATI back on top! HD4870 X2 review!

Status
Not open for further replies.
veedub is correct

what are you guys babies? AMD/ATI fannies :D

and this really isn't impressive in terms of performance...pricing maybe, but not performance

the Nvidia gpu is a 1 chip with 1 gb
the AMD/ATI is a 2 chip with 2 gb

so, as the article says:
"In short, the Radeon HD 4870 X2 is the newest and fastest 3D card of the moment—25% better on average than the GeForce GTX 280" <--- 2 gpus 25% better? good but nothing to boast about :D

reminds me of when Intel brought out their quads and how AMD whined that they weren't true quad, but still superior to the AMDs

lol

also, AMD/ATI is still doing the whole buggy flakey drivers?
"Nor did our testing go as smoothly as we had planned. AMD's beta drivers are still premature. And while the software worked well with the other cards in our test suite, it caused notable visual artifacts in the menus of a number of games. Moreover, the Catalyst Control Center had a tendency of crashing without wanting to come back, prompting repeated restarts. As we hammered out a handful of issues, our test suite evolved ever so slightly and this story came to be a first-look rather than full-blown review."

nice and every so buggy drivers...at least that parts reliable right ATI users? me included :p hehe

atomic is making the point i was trying to get at....surreee it's great performance for what you pay for it...but it's still not fair to go on about how it stomps all over the gtx 280 when it's 2 GPU's being 25% faster :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom