4850 screwing around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok

Story:
So after work I drive to radio shack... I go in, with $20 bucks hearing the magical dream land dream of $10 dmm.... I stare at a rack of DMM's and my heart sinks as I see $90... then $80... then I catch a patern! The price goes down as I move to the right! Oh sweet jesus yay! So finally I get to the end and its $19.99 for the cheapest one.... i mumble "**** internet people and there cheap radioshacks" and grab it and then i realise I have to go out to my car because of tax.... **** you tax.....

So now I have the DMM, I go home and open it up and it needs...... a 12v battery....wtf? Whats a 12v battery??

I search google and....
batterya23.jpg

So now I'm going back to radioshack for one little battery, I hear they are only like $2 but I bring my wallet with $30... just incase breathing air costs more then free.
K, so now the little battery that cost's $5.50 gets to go into my DMM.

End of story.

Idle vgpu: 1.05
Load vgpu: 1.14

AHHH much better, tottally worth the $27 or so bucks. Brings a smile to my face :D
Accelero time.

Ebay my friend, ebay...

Got my Multi for 25 shipped and it has all the features I could ever want, including a built in thermocouple hookup.

Aspire.... thank you for the background

2lktxfa.jpg

It's hot.

Accelero installed, please hold while I try to take some pictures of my stock copper heatsink which I hack sawed in half, LOL! it was fun, I won't lie.

pencil mod NEXT!

gurusan I just started pencil modding and right now at Idle I my temps are fantastic and load so no worries there. (33c's idle up to 45c's after like 10 mins of stability testing)

But I performed the pencil mod here
vddc_pencil1.jpg

And my idle vgpu is 1.15 and my load is 1.17 atm....

That's not very high... I NEED MORE MUHAHA.

erm.... but like, Really how much #2 pencil am I supposed to lay on this sucker? I'm supposed to shade the black area a lot? Or I thought just connect the 2 points with some lines.

I'm going to try again at 8, right now I feel like some tf2 "stability" testing.

which pencil mod are you doing, there are two.

also you should start with a 1.2v bios otherwise you are never going to get anywhere.

*SIGH* do you have any bios's that you suggest? Idk how to make my own.

I'm doing the one in that picture up there. It's the first one I suppose. Do you have any bios's that you suggest? Idk how to make my own.

I could do the second one but they suggest this one for beginner's as you don't have to pencil on the PCB.

288bdao.jpg

hehe, fun. That was with stock cooler before any mods I think.

Ok, well I used that gay ccc tune thing and it came up as my stable clocks being 755/1110 which is total BS. But right now I am easily stable at 700/1000, I haven't tried higher, I'm mainly concerned with getting a high enough voltage first.

I tried this bios I got form overclock.net but I got some kind of like "driver" error and it was all funky and stuff so I just reflashed to the bios I got off of XS just because it was getting on my nerves. If you can recommend a good one gurusan, I really need it because even with the slight pencil mod I did I am at like 1.20 load max... which is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom