Battery Power down to 20 mins at 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksN8

Baseband Member
Ok, well first i have an Acer Travelmate 5320

I've had it for a year now and its working good, only thing is around the time when i first got it when it was powered at 100% it would be over 1 and a half hour battery life

Now its like 20 mins when its charged at 100%, why is like this and what can i do?

Also, the wireless card is okay, although i want a more powerful card

Any ideas on a suitable yet decent priced wireless card i could purchase?

It's time for a new battery.

I doubt it if you can improve WiFi performance with a new card since FCC(and other) regulations control the power output.

Yup, time for a new battery. Yours should have lasted longer than a year, but once the battery life starts to shorten the only thing you can do is purchase a new battery.

Not really sure what you mean by a more 'powerful' wireless card. If you mean purchasing a G or N card, just go out and purchase one for your PCMCIA slot. Not sure what type of adapter your laptop comes with, but if you want a G or N card you'll have to ensure your router supports it - or make sure that it is backward compatable (ie if you have a G router it works with B as well).

I dont want to have to get the same battery, does anyone know a particular one i can go for

Here's a pic of my batteries shape and what it looks like:

kt0qumid42slwu0n6qog.jpg

You are going to have to get the same battery. Battery voltage and size are dependant on the system. It isn't like a power supply on a desktop, in which you can go out and buy any type as long as the form factor is right. For batteries you really have to purchase the exact same battery, either from the manufacturer (which i always recommend doing for laptop batteries) or a 3rd party vendor that has that exact battery.

Ironic that you posted this huge picture, and the second paragraph says "CAUTION REPLACE BATTERY WITH CONIS71 ONLY." Resulting in fire or chemical explosion can result if you use a different battery - enough said.

Ironic that you posted this huge picture, and the second paragraph says "CAUTION REPLACE BATTERY WITH CONIS71 ONLY." Resulting in fire or chemical explosion can result if you use a different battery - enough said.

Lol, Im ****ed but still lol

Haha, ya well i still stand by my first post. You should only replace laptop batteries with the exact same model or a replacement from the manufacturers website.

Look to see if they have a better batter. I changed out my 6 cell HP battery for a 12 cell HP Battery. Works like a charm.

Yes, and smash is right, you could upgrade to a battery that has more lith-ion cells. It just has to be something from the manufacturer and made specifically for your model laptop. Just purchasing a larger battery that wasn't mean for your computer would be dissasterous for you and your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom