$206 MSI GTX 260 @ Newegg! (Open Box)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
I just made my video card upgrade; $206 for a GTX 260! Yes, open box, but what the heck...

Newegg.com - Open Box: MSI N260GTX-T2D896 OC GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

I was torn between the weaker 4850, wanting the expensive 4870, and then I saw this insane deal, so I went for it. I figured the performance was too close to drop another $80 on a 4870, and I'm crossing my fingers that the die shrink on the GTX's won't make me regret this.

Well I hope this thing works okay; it will be a step up from my 8800GTS 320mb, which I sold for $75.

Great... I'm home for the weekend, and UPS misrouted my package halfway across the state. Rescheduled delivery? Monday, right after I go away for another week of construction 150 miles away...

i have a similar situation. my package was meant to come yesterday, it didn't, for some reason was delayed, and i have to wait until Monday. i wanted my computer this weekend xD

I think I might have just bought this card. The only non-five star review for the retail version of the card....

"Pros: Not sure there are any.

Cons: Broken card - tries to display at a larger resolution than my 28"" monitor can handle?!? Can't fix it. New drivers don't fix it. Uninstalled them with MSI tech support on the phone, installed the ones they recommended... NOPE. I was told by them to RMA it - I won't consider another MSI card. Now I get to eat shipping at least."

This guy sounds like a complete idiot, but I just may stay home Monday to test this thing out before leaving for the week. I'd hate to find out that it doesn't work and then not be able to return it to Newegg in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom