External HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

fais7

Baseband Member
I'm looking for an external HDD that has an on/off button, at least 500GB space, fast transfer enabling me to work off it....I'm not looking for portability though pc power option might be great but optional....any brand, no preference but only problem is it should be available here which might be an issue...

I need it to backup my pictures (lots of RAW format) and videos.....

thanks!!!

I have an Ultra hard drive enclosure similar to these newer Ultra models. You choose the 3.5 inch hard drive that you want to install in it and then format it and it's ready to store data. If the enclosure fails, the hard drive can be re-installed into another Ultra enclosure so nothing is lost.
There's probably better models, but these work very well and are a good value because they have an on/off switch and a cooling fan.
Be sure to read the reviews.

3 Ultra hard drive enclosure models:

Ultra 3.5" Stackable USB 2.0 Firewire IDE External Hard Drive Enclosure ULT33051 at TigerDirect.com

Ultra 3.5" Stackable USB 2.0 IDE External Hard Drive Enclosure ULT33052 at TigerDirect.com

Ultra 3.5" Stackable USB 2.0E-SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure ULT33053 at TigerDirect.com

Problem is I will not find such enclosures here so getting them imported will be a pain..
I'm basically looking at the WD 500GB Home edition as I like its Firewire capability....maybe even the Lacie 500GB one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom