CDrom won't run CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattack

Solid State Member
My CDrom recently has not been runnning CD's. I have Windows XP and Norton Systyem works. The drivers are updated and everythying is plugged in correctly.

When I insert a CD the computer thinks and the CDrom whrrs up then whrrs down and stops thinking. I can't install any new programs because the disk won't auto run. Programs that are already installed will not run either the computer just sits and when I move the mouse it will freeze after a few seconds and I cannot access anything while the CD is in the drive.

I'm out of ideas can anyone help me out please?

is the drive installed correclty? look in device manager. What brand is the cd drive? Have u tryed different cds?

The disk might be dirty, or have a lot of scratches, and the drive might not be able to read it, correctly. Make sure that the disk is clean, and then put it in, to see if it's still not reading. If it's not, then the cd drive might be bad.

Mike

Yes the drive is installed correctly. Its a standard CDrom drive and it says that everything is working properly.

The CD's I am useing are brand new and not scratched. One game does work though, but only that one.
I have also tried many CD's same thing happens everytime.

Check the jumpers and try switching it to a different IDE channel. Or switch it with a friend's computer and see if that helps. If not, shell out the 20 bucks and get yerself a new one partner.

Yourdrivers might have become corrupted. Remove the CD-ROM drivers from hardware manager and reboot. Windows will detect it and reinstall the drivers. This might help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom