Did the Q9550 Just drop $200?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How faw can you OC the new q6600?

I just bought one a couple days ago :(

You better not whine about it (I tell everybody this now, I'm fed up about people whining then questioning my tech skill when they get a bad batch Quad and can't get them past 3.4ghz)... but 3.0 to 3.2ghz

Wait, so are yall telling me that my q6600 that will run 3.6ghz at 1.4v is worth more than a normal q6600? Ooooo, maybe i'll sell it with that in mind :) Highest stable overclock ive gotten was 4ghz, but thats on water at 1.6v, which, well, isnt very good for 24/7 usage. Still, i must resist buying anything else until nehalem.

LOL just bend a pin and say it is no good and get your money back. IDK if that work. Anyways ya i would RMA it anyways.

lol intel S775 chips don't have pins, the pins are on the socket.

and to the op and and nagasama, you should get a Q9650 since it's the E0 stepping :)

lol intel S775 chips don't have pins, the pins are on the socket.

and to the op and and nagasama, you should get a Q9650 since it's the E0 stepping :)

That's an extra $220. Tempting, but I know I'll upgrade soon enough with the Nehalem. So todays my last day to send my Q9450 back. Gotta get that done.

Gay I RMA it as defective and I still get a $50 restocking fee? It's not my fault they sent me one with a broken thermal sensor...

Use the online customer support, i had to rma 2 motherboards and got both of them changed to refund without restocking fee due to being defective.

Wait, so are yall telling me that my q6600 that will run 3.6ghz at 1.4v is worth more than a normal q6600? Ooooo, maybe i'll sell it with that in mind :) Highest stable overclock ive gotten was 4ghz, but thats on water at 1.6v, which, well, isnt very good for 24/7 usage. Still, i must resist buying anything else until nehalem.

Yes that's what it means :)

That's a good Vantage point.

Use the online customer support, i had to rma 2 motherboards and got both of them changed to refund without restocking fee due to being defective.

Thank you! This little piece of information made that so much easier. The rep quickly removed the restocking fee and even gave me a shipping label to send it back free of charge. I can't wait to receive my Q9550.

i just got a q6600 for a customer. vid of 1.2850 ( kinda high) and this thing o/c's like a caterpillar on a sunday. i have a TRUE eith tx-2 and a kaze fan (80 odd cfm) on a bout 1.38125v or sumthin its stable (hour stable). i really wanna see if i can get it to 3.8-4 but he really wnats it soon so i might have to forget it. but this is a new chip, and its great! ohh yeah and im gettin
about 32c idle which is perfect, i ve got a similar cooling solution lines up for my black eidtion wen it gets here, so hopefully thats a great o/cer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom