New computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austempest

Solid State Member
Hey Guys,

Im putting together a new PC. From what i can see this is the best i can do for under AU$1000.

Asus EAH4850-HTDI-512 RV770PRO, 512MB, DDR3, PCIE2.0, DVI, HDTV
Corsair DDR2 4GB PC-6400/800 (2x XMS2 2GB) TWIN2X4096-6400C5 Ram
Pioneer DVR-215 SATA DVD Re-Writer (20x/10x Dual Layer Black)
Western Digital 750Gb 7200RPM 16Mb SATA 2
Asus M3A78-EH AMD Mainboard - 4x DDR2 / 6x Sata Raid / 1x IDE / Gigabit Lan
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core (AM2) 2.2G

This system in a case with a 850W PSU running 64bit Vista.

What do you think?

Sounds pretty good. not sure on that video card though. I've heard bad things about Asus cards, usually known for their boards. Otherwise looks pretty good. You're going to get guys telling you to go intel, but for cheaper you're still going to have awesome speeds.

I recommend getting a Intel Q6600 and a Biostar or Gigabyte p43 motherboard.

Power supply's included with cases can be very low quality and wattage doesn't matter amps do. Do you know the brand and model of the psu?

lol, i should have made that clear, its a PSU'less case and im getting an OCZ GameXStream 850W SLI PSU

and i dont want intel :p but thanks for the suggestion.

Haha I called it! Knew someone would say go intel. 2.2ghz isn't THAT fast, but since its a quad core it should still be really good. You should probably overclock it a little though when you get it. And that video card still, I'd get something else I think.

I recommend getting a Intel Q6600 and a Biostar or Gigabyte p43 motherboard.

Power supply's included with cases can be very low quality and wattage doesn't matter amps do. Do you know the brand and model of the psu?

I agree.. (except the PSU part, the exception is the Earthwatts)

But I think a Q6600 is still $30 more and probably like $10 more for the board..

I think he'd be better of either sticking with the Phenom, or going for a Intel Dual-Core or AMD Dual-Core

Also Cas 5 RAM is worse than Cas 4 RAM, try to get a 4-4-4-12, cas 4 4gb Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom