atitool and vista 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmatt

The Bulldog
I just made the switch to visa ultimate x64 and since my 4850 has an acellero on it I decided to start overclocking. Unfortunately both AtiTool and Rivatuner fail to work. Apparently vista 64 forces driver signing and their drivers are not signed. So I went to gpedit.msc and disabled signing, restarted, an, driver signing is still forced. Does anyone have a way to circumvent this?

i got that error too running vista 64bit. I either just hit "ok" or w/e it is to get by the error msg and it starts up. Well atitool doesnt have options enabled to overclock, (8800gt) i just figured it was something to do with the error and/or being nvidia card that wont let atitool work properly.

Im confused by what the error is doing though.

The beta didn't work for me, it said the kernel level driver isn't there, that means windows isn't allowing it to start.

Naga: Tpower? I think yo mean my motherboard. Its fantastic. No issues here. Right now I am running at a happy 3.2ghz, but I have a lot of room to OC. The one thing holding me back is the stock cooler. Even after applying Tx-2 it didn't get much better, so I think I may invest in a Xigmatek.

The beta didn't work for me, it said the kernel level driver isn't there, that means windows isn't allowing it to start.

Naga: Tpower? I think yo mean my motherboard. Its fantastic. No issues here. Right now I am running at a happy 3.2ghz, but I have a lot of room to OC. The one thing holding me back is the stock cooler. Even after applying Tx-2 it didn't get much better, so I think I may invest in a Xigmatek.

Psssst. Buy my TRUE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom