4850 screwing around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it says 13.92!? Either your puter is about to blow up or that DMM is totally whack.

That's your 12v rail, it should be around 12v.

BTW i just raised my 24/7 clock to 880mhz 1.38v :) Anything over that requires a lot of voltage and its not worth it.

hmm, ya that was on 20.... idk whats up with that thing... lol I have a feeling that I'm using it wrong and there isn't anything wrong with it. But I guess I have to hold off on that pencil mod untill I find out how to make this thing work properly/get a good one.

So do you think that I'm correct in assuming that the bios flash actually lowerd my vgpu voltage, while unlocking the CCC above 700 + the bios fan fix?

it's possible i dunno. The only way to really know is by the DMM.

TBH none of those unlocked bioses have worked properly for me, I just use the AMD gpu tool to test which clocks are stable, then flash the bios to those clocks.

I uninstalled CCC...

Wait, so you test with AMD gpu tool with the stock bios? I thought you couldn't test above 700 without a different bios?

What do you think I should do? I'm probably going to go to target(or BJ's...) and buy a cheap DMM, I think they should have one.

How did you get the settings that high without issues? I got to 660/1100 with the CCC profile, anything more it seems to lock up during 3dmark06 and games.

I don't see any reason for me to raise it higher though, I have no need to.

good god drizzt that maytag multimeter is as old as dust.
The magical place called my shed is full of old ****
How did you get the settings that high without issues? I got to 660/1100 with the CCC profile, anything more it seems to lock up during 3dmark06 and games.

I don't see any reason for me to raise it higher though, I have no need to.
More voltage, and if you want to go past 700 with ccc you have to mod/flash the bios.

You can ALWAYS use more power :D

pencil mod.

More voltage my friend, more voltage....
Speaking of which, I'm going to find me self a DMM before wensday... No way am I pencil moding without one.....

NO ONE VMOD WITHOUT A DMM
, EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom