Audio : Grayed out!!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like that is not the number sir. Thats a power supply unit.

From my research the closest product is Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver Update
of Pavillion a700n.

In order to resolve it needs the exact product number.

How Do I Find the Model Number? 

Above link will tell u how to identify model number.

hope this help a lil bit
Sam

There we go that's the model. This is the only driver I was able to find for it. On the official driver page for that model there was no audio driver... No idea why. The driver I gave you should work though. Just run it after it's finished downloading, follow the steps and your audio should work :).

alright so i downloaded that program you gave me the link to. i installed it, it went through all the way but the last part this came up.

f_testm_5f09f2a.jpg

i'm guessing its working right so far? what does that mean though?

The sound card is a Realtek AC97 sound card (which is an extremely common onboard sound card)
you can get drivers here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True#8Windows'

If that doesn't work, you might need to install the Microsoft UAA Bus driver first:
Download Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio Driver for Windows NT / Windows 2K / Windows XP - Softpedia

*edit*
alright so i downloaded that program you gave me the link to. i installed it, it went through all the way but the last part this came up.

f_testm_5f09f2a.jpg

i'm guessing its working right so far? what does that mean though?
Okay, open up device manager. If you can still see "Multimedia Audio Controller" with a yellow exclamation mark, it isn't installed.
Right click "Multimedia Audio Controller", click "update driver", then "let me choose which driver to install"
choose any of the categories (it won't matter if it's not the right one), then when the next dialogue comes up, click "have disk"
You'll need to find the folder where the audio drivers are extracted to (one with an .inf file)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom