AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

Ha out of the budget for now, not looking to buy a new board just yet. I figured out a lot of stuff for BIOS. I even found where I could adjust the multipliers had mine not been locked. But I can't figure out where the FSB settings are

EDIT: I did it! after forever I figured it out. i raised it to 230 mhz for right now and doing a stress test with orthos. after 13 hrs right now it is CPU temp 60 degrees and system is 41 degrees. how's that?

temperatures are fine, once you hit around 68-70 after that long of load, thats when you should stop

70 on full load is the absolute highest you should be around for everyday use

Raise you total cpu speed by 10mhz? Or Your front side bus up 10? Either way I say go for it, but those tempurates. Download core temp and use that to monitor your temps, I trust it the most. As long as both cores stay under 40-45c your good.

The FSB by 10mhz. Yea I was using nvidia monitor before, but then I got core temp and neither core even got close to 40 and that was after being on for over 24+ hours, and doing a stress test for about 14.

I dont really trust the whole Ntune system. Tempuratures displayed are way off, its buggy with certain hardware (My hardware :/).

is your chip a windsor or a brisbane? im thinking brisbane because i believe the stock speed of a 4400 windsor is 2.0ghz. if it is brisbane temp monitoring programs will all be wrong.

^^ thats how i used to run 3 gigs.
when i had my brisbanes, it was coretemp + about 10-15*C.
unless the new revision accounts for brisbanes, but i think it is their sensor, not the program.
i cant remember which one it was that i used...wait, really i think it was nvidia monitor. and i think it was by far the most accurate (at least when i was running brisbanes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom