Power Supply Fan Noisy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpedient

In Runtime
This morning my other computer began making weird noises after i turned it on...
i think it came from the power supply, is my power supply dying and needed to be replaced?

i can't express to you the sound of the fan when the computer is turned on...
but i can tell you that it is noisy, by the way, the AVR i used is always turned on because of the fact that the on/off switch is <snipped> up, so when i plug the AVR it is automatically turned on, is this another factor why my PSU is soundlike like an airplane?

the fan is also rotating slowly, producing the noisy sound...
yes it is slow... please help me...

Hello,

Are you sure it is the PSU? HAve you tried to clean it out with a can of compressed air?

Also just a note for your sig remark. Read the rules.

7) Signatures must adhere to the following specifications:

Text signatures may not exceed 15 lines in size 1, or 8 lines in size 2. Text size 3 and above is not allowed. Text size 1 may only be used with a graphic, with no more than 8 lines.
The combined size of all images in a sig is a maximum of 468x120. Please keep the file sizes small for loading times.
Any scripts that display a user's IP address and browser information are not allowed.
Signatures are subject to Rule 3.

Also this:

Are there any benefits for running Folding@Home?
Aside from the satisfaction of having played a small part in research that may well cure a multitude of diseases, there are a few perks. For your dedication you can have your name added to our milestone list. You also get a break on your signature restrictions with F@H team members being allowed to break the image restriction by having a F@H stats signature and a milestone userbar.

So yes some users like myself have larger signatures but not by 6 Million. It is cause WE do something to give back to the site and the world at large. :)

Cheers,
Mak

okay... when i was in school my dad brought the pc in the repair shop and decided to buy a new PSU, so problem solved....

thanks for the replies anyways...

umm... okay infraction again... gonna remove my sig now... sorry for my behavior...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom