4850 screwing around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is yours the p53 x38? I don't see that option in my bios. I didn't flash my bios either (yet).

It's alright though, like I said the voltage is much better, and I have a stable OC atm. Working on getting back to 3.8 with low vcore.

edit:

OOO, good news I think! I found some multimeters in my shed :D gurusan, which one should I use?

DSC02908.jpg

DSC02911.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

The small one or the big clamp one? I hope I know how to use it :/

Ya, but for some reason my DMM is reading the voltage as 1.3v's or something and I'm not really clocking any higher at all. I just wanted the bios flash to be able to use CCC for higher clocks.

Am I using this DMM wrong somehow?
DSC02911.jpg

I have it set to the 2 under DCV section on the right hand side. And it reads as 1.3v's on all 3 of the vgpu spots. I didn't test it out with stock bios... I'm thinking of re-flashing and then checking because I'm not getting very good clocks with this new bios.

Thanks, i had no idea how to use it, let me test it out now.

also, does uninstalling CCC do anything? I don't need it once I put the Accelero on my 4850...

gurusan, I gotta say, you were the one who made me get the 4850, your results really inspired me, lol.

Ok, I just did it with 20 and it still says it is pretty high.

edit: It's reading 1.29 for vgpu.... isn't that impossible with just a bios flash?

edit: On load btw.

edit: somethings gotta be wrong with the dmm or something... I'm reading 1.4 on both non load and load once again.... grr and I am definatly not clocking any higher....

655 core now...... I don't understand, it was doing fine at like 710 before.... No way is it getting 1.4v's......... or 1.3

At first i thought it might be lower clocks because the flash would lower my voltage and then after the pencil vmod it would raise it up..

3. Asus HD4850 Light Overclocked. DF Core 700MHz Mem 1100MHz Auto Cool Fan.
GPU Core upper Limit 1200MHz
Memory Upper limit 1400MHz
Vcore DF 1.12V

When he said vcore DF 1.12v i thought that meant what it was set at. But I keep measuring these inconsistent things ... Am I not grounding properly or something?

Once I get this figured out I'll put the accelero on it... because I am starting to get a little frustrated... NO WAY is my voltage that high, it's impossible with just a bios mod... and I haven't vmoded yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom