Whats the highest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about a video card... You need a COMPLETELY new system if you want to get into gaming...

yup I had a 750Mhz Duron before, upgraded to a whole 1GHz Duron after that! whoa!! lol yeah durons are bottom of the line as far as AMD goes, not meant for gaming and hard core number crunching. Like everyone else has said, spend $90 on a 2500+

Build yourself a new computer with an AMD Athlon 64 processor paired with the Asus K8V Deluxe mobo and the GeForce 6800 GT. Overclock the GT to ultra speeds and you will have a gaming experience like none other.

i guess the first question anyone should have asked, not mentioning the 8 people above... :p is how big is your budget, if you are going to upgrade?

Will that do something (I am not playing hard core games in fact I am doing all this for one game) and my goal is to be smooth and high graphics so :well what if I just get a real nice video card and 512 ram? Will that reach my goal?

first thing is u need to upgrade ur Duron to at least Athlon XP 2500+. cause whatever new graphic card u use, won't come up with ur Duron. then u can go with radeon x800xt for the best grahic card available today. then make ur RAM to at least 512 MB.

depends on what detail and resolution you have it set at, high detail and 1152x768 resolution would be pretty good, but to achieve framerates of about 60 you would need a fairly good system, better than what your current system could do i think... but i might be wrong, does your motherboard support 4 or 8x AGP? because if it does you probably wont have to make a full system upgrade. 512Mb ram, 9800pro... that should set you up nicely. but you wont get really good performance out of really new games like Doom 3 and farcry, because even with an FX-53 and a gig of ram and a 6800Ultra doom 3 doesnt get crazy high framerates with good detail and resolution.

I had a Duron 800Mhz with 512Mb or PC133 for about 2 years, that was a very reliable Computer. i could play everything on it, appart from the really new games, like underground. because my graphics card was only a TNT2 M64 32Mb. but with a better graphics card that computer would have been a beast. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom