Help, new PC wont start!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RMA'ed?

But if the PSU wasnt working correctly, then the green mobo LED wouldnt light up would it?

Could a few bent pins on the underneath of the mobo affect anything? Seems a few bent when I was puting the heatsink on (yes, I realise putting it on before mounting it was a bad idea now)

And unfortunately I do not have another PC to replace the PSU with, well the family PC, but its very hard to get around as its a pre built dell...

Just thought Id let you guys know I sorted it and its running beautifully:D Turns out (newb mistake) that I had taken a jumper of an important set of pins of the mobo thinking it was some kind of protector that you take off and plug in a certain cable....lol.

Thanks for all the help lads. Let the gaming begin!

Ahhhhh! :p I've done stuff like that before, lol!

If you see jumpers on the mobo don't ever move them -- they're set up to work a certan way. Glad you got it running! :D

Just taken a break, only installed the basics such as vista, drivers and a few games. But MY god does Crysis, UT3 and COD4 looks good on high settings in HD on a 32" tv :D

make sure for the mobo headers, look in the mobo manual it will have the positive and negative pins, the cord wis is coloured on the header plug is always positve. other than that recheck ur connections. otherwise like has been said, start ur elimation process ubntill u get down to the faulty component.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom