Building new PC suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventriac

In Runtime
Case:Thermaltake Armor ATX-MID (Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases)
MB:Asus (Newegg.com - ASUS M3N-HD HDMI AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards)
CPU:AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition 2.5 quad (Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 9850 BLACK EDITION 2.5GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops)
MEM:OCZ Reaper ddr2 800mhz (Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory)
PSU: Thermaltake 700W (Newegg.com - Thermaltake W0106RU 700W Complies with ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V version Power Supply 100 - 240 V CE, CB, TUV, FCC, UL, CUL, and BSMI certified - Power Supplies)
GPU:XFX 9800 GTX (Newegg.com - XFX PVT98FYDBU GeForce 9800 GTX Black Edition 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards)
HD just a WD 640gb figured it was cheap with good ratings Got a combo deal with the case and the hd. (Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives)

TBH I didn't really know what to go for the processor and mb, because i heard that intel was so much better than amd, and heard that amd is a true quad and is better to multi-task and I like amd so right now i have that as a choice. I would appreciate any recommendations, price isn't a huge concern, but i'd like to keep it fairly cheap. Is it worth waiting for the new chip? or just upgrade later, because i heard the new chip is going to be expensive until Q2 2009. Anyways very optimistic about what to do different. S just throw the ideas out there.

Is that power supply ok? I saw on the "what psu to buy" and the thermaltake 700w wasn't on there, because it wasn't toughpower. Should I find a new one? (That's the only part that I have I just bought it like 3 days ago, lol)

Hmm.. been almost 3 years since I built a new PC. Opinions, Should I wait for nahalem or rebuild at a moderate cost..
Right now I got P4 3.0ghz/Asus p4p800-edeluxe/kingston 4x512/Radeon x1650/maxtor300gb hdd

don't go for amd quadcore.. bad choice...

look at the q6600 from intel.. far better than the phenom

and depending on motherboard.... 9800gtx+ us an excellent choice... but if you wanted to go crossfire (ati) look at the 4850

yeah i've been told mixed stories about amd so i wasn't sure. well I don't really care if i get the 4850 or 9800gtx, does one outperform the other one?

HD 4850 beats the 9800GTX+ by a little and the 9800GTX is a little slower than both

Wrong! The 9800gtx+ edition is actually better than the 4850. It also in SLI beats the 4850 in crossfire. Go for the 9800gtx+. You can go on youtube and watch some videos or google it. In many games the 9800gtx+ gets more FPS.

so you think the power supply I bought is fine, it's not tough power, but it had good reviews. I'd exchange it, but I don't really want to pay 15$ to ship it back on top of a 20 dollar restock fee.

Wrong! The 9800gtx+ edition is actually better than the 4850. It also in SLI beats the 4850 in crossfire. Go for the 9800gtx+. You can go on youtube and watch some videos or google it. In many games the 9800gtx+ gets more FPS.

last time i checked the 4850 was slightly better and cheaper, except for in crysis.

Power supply is fine.

People here are Hitlers when it comes to PSU's, the power supply you have should be plenty fine.

Also the 9800gtx/4850 should just really come down to personal choice since they perform similar and cost around the same.

Go for Intel, otherwise wait.

I've Changed a couple things around...
Case: Thermaltake Armor+ Full Tower, for future use
PSU: Sold PSU to friend, getting Thermaltake 850w Tough
CPU: q6600 OC'D
MB: some cheap one due to nahalem in the future and i'll have to buy a new one(suggestions)
HDD: still under consideration(suggestions)
GPU 9800GTX+
Cooling is going to be airflow, will convert to liquid cooled in the future, when nahalem comes out and get tri or quad gpu's

Other than that any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom