How much is my computer worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i said, i don't know what kind of RAM it is. I just figured all PCs us the same type of RAM. the last PC i bought was in 97 and it had 133 so i mistakenly assumed it was. How do i check what kind it is?

I also have one more question?¿ What are the top frontside bus speeds for PCs? I know that the new powermacs host a 1.25 Ghz frontside.

anarkhy said:
I also have one more question?¿ What are the top frontside bus speeds for PCs? I know that the new powermacs host a 1.25 Ghz frontside.

nah man, only the dual 2.5GHz G5 . . . for the G5s, just take half of the clock speed and thats your fsb . . .

for G4, its complicated . . .

mac is just to $$$$$$$$ man they are nuts, lol. But i gota say tehre os is stable. And they might look "ok" but im still antimac.

Macs are not THAT expensive... if you look at apple.com there not nearly as expensive as alienware comps. and they are SO stable, i am proud to say that i have had NO OS CRASHES EVER, and that it is so easy to get something to work. Hardware and OS are both made by apple, so you never have compatibilty issues. I have an iMac and it's wicked fast, and it's from 2002. BUT I have been borrowing my buddies new Powermac... and DAMN... 4 GB o PC 3200 RAM(room for 8GB), DUAL G5 Processor running at 2.5 GHZ each (true clocking speed), 1.25 Frontside bus PER PROCESSOR, ATI RADEON 9600 XT with 128MB DDR SDRAM(you should see UT 2004 played on it :) ), Firewire 800(300% faster then USB 2.0), Don't let me forget to mention the cooling system :), The Power Mac G5Â’s enclosure houses four discrete thermal zones to compartmentalize the primary heat-producing components. Fans in the zones spin at very low speeds, resulting in a system two times quieter than the Power Mac G4.(and the G4 was already super quiet) It is gonna suck when he gets back from Vaca and i have to give it back :( .

Basicly i love Macs because THEY JUST WORK!!! I don't have to lie awake at night fearing that My BIOS will screw up the next morning.

believe it or not . . . I USED TO BE EXTERMELY PRO-MAC!! and even now, i am pro-mac, just not as much

i love the asthetics of macs, the only problem is, even though mac os x is great, you still need windows xp, and virtual pc doesnt cut it for me

also, i like building my pc, not buying a mac and the only thing i do is add memory. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom