Gaming issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazvenn

Baseband Member
i'm having some issues with my computer atm. it is absolutely fine for net browsing and everything else just when i start any games within around 3 minutes or so of actual play time the screen will freeze for a few seconds and then run again but the graphics will be screwed with random glitches all over the screen.
i've read a few forums and replaced my old PSU so that this cannot be the problem as this was suggested in a few places i checked. i also do not believe this to be an overheating issue.

i've got a good feeling that it is the motherboard that is screwed, while rebuilding the puter putting in the new PSU i've found that a bunch of the capacitors seems to have blown up. the ones that have all seem to be exactly the same type and have an open crack on top and some stuff has come out.

Spec:
AMD 3700+
Mobo: Jetway 939gt4-sli-d
2gig crappish ram.
8600gts

hopefully someone can make sense of all this.

Thanks for your time

Edit: another quick point, after the game freezes the cpu goes under a considerable load (80%++) and the graphics cards temp sits level at around 55 degrees

Hello,

Have you uninstalled all your old GFX drivers? Do you have the latest set of driver from nvidia?

Use ATiTool to check teh GPU temps.

Cheers,
Mak

GPU temps are fine at sit between 54 and 62 degree's. also this problem began when i was using some older drivers, i've installed the latest from nvidia site and problem is still happening. currently i'm leaning towards the mobo being at fault and am rather concerned by the capacitors that seem to have burst. i just don't want to go and spend £2-300 on a new mobo and ram then find that the gfx card is dead.

Take a picture of the areas of the mobo you are concerned with and post them here. We can tell you if they are bad after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom