TF Advanced Section Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am gonna unsticky this. As it doesnt serve a purpose. It is over 3 years old now.

But yes some of this has been put into effect.

Some of what this talks about has been put into effect and no not the mod area. That is all i can say.

Just re-read the whole thread. Lots of names that I haven't seen in a long time, lots of thoughts and ideas that I hadn't thought about in about the same.

TF2 exists. It is open to mods and some members by invitation only. It is not overly active, but it allows for the discussion of topics that would be too advanced for the general forums, as well as topics that need specific answers and not slag from any idiot who wanders by. It also has a section for more touchy subjects, allowing discussions and debates on subjects that cannot be voiced in the main forums.

As to the future of TF2, who knows? It may be declared a failure and erased, or opened up (doubtful). Or it may remain the same as it is now. The main point is that the ideas of the members were put into action. It took longer than what was planned, but a lot of things happened between then and now.

The whole point of this section is for members to post their ideas for Tech-Forums. Tech-Forums is a community, and as such, it makes sense for those running it to listen to what the members of that community are thinking. Not every idea can or aill be acted upon, but many have become a part of the forums.

Maybe you should invite more people to TF2. maybe 5 people a month, or less. something manageable, invite them on a conditional basis that a singal warning or infraction gets them removed from TF2 permanently.

Just something to avoid it becoming a failure.

As trotter said, only a suggestion. Just trying to help out as best i can...

Some names are being kicked around right now. We have went with groups up until now, but we are now looking for individuals. Anyone invited is done so based on their activities here at Tech-Forums, which includes demonstrating knowledge and usefulness. Bad attitudes are not welcome.

TF2 is not a glorified Off Topic or such, nor is is a huge badge of honor. It is just a small sanctum where things can be discussed outside of the mainstream.

Oh i see, well you must be careful as to not steal all the mature members from the original TF... that would be pretty disastrous :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom