RAM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
speedstep is already disabled....

so i just input my FSB to 1600/4 should be 400 and left ram at 800/2 should be 400. then changed the multiplier to x7, so that should clock me at 2.8 GHz. but again, when i boot up it tells me i'm in safe mode and i need to change my freqs. then i push f1 to boot anyway.

now when i boot up, in cpuz it's giving me all my old stats. 1066 fsb, 266 MHz. actually the multiplier is the only thing that's changing and it's running at 7 still so my comp is actually successfully underclocked :p

I haven't touched voltage, but it's really high for a default at 1.392.

ok so i just went back in and set it to unlinked and it's working fine. Linked seems to screw it up somehow. but it's strange cuz on cpu Z my multiplier goes between 6 and 7 so i'll be running at 2.4 or 2.8 randomly, but if i run prime95 or something it stays at 7. It's like the speedstep is on or something even though i have it disabled.

I know nothing about ram timings and what's good, i'll list what my cpuz says, if that's not good enough i'll go back into bios and write it down.

CL 5.0 clocks
tRCD 5 clocks
tRP 5 clocks
tRAS 18 clocks
tRC 23 clocks
CR 2T

That's straight from CPUz. Thanks bro.

you still have speedstep enabled if it changes the multi like that.

yea, i don't know how unlinking n linking ram so that could of been the issue

Woah........ Isn't it to 400 actually a 3.6Ghz OC? Or am I not following the story?
he is running at a x7 multiplier instead of x9

so i been running prime95 for some minutes now running the thing at 2.8 GHz and my temps seem to be around 49 C. running 1.3250 volts. Now when i want to bump it to 3.2 next week i'll just have to adjust the multiplier to 8x and then a 9x the following week. of course i'll have to keep an eye on those temps and hopefully they will go down a bit after the new paste sets in.

should i have to mess with my ram timings at all or do they seem fine? or do you only mess with them when stability is an issue?

yea i don't know what's up with speedstep, i don't like the idea of my cpu constantly changing it's speed, seems like it would strain it. I always turned off cool n quiet on my old AMDs.

they are pretty loose for ddr2 800mhz ram actually (nothing that bad) so you shouldn't have to mess with them... just keep at eye out for temps and once you get to the speed you want you can start tweaking the voltage and lower it maybe

awesome, thanks a lot for your help wafflehammer? is that like a warhammer joke or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom