quick question about a heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicflipfive

Baseband Member
I have an Intel P4 2.8ghz prescot w/ ht, Its a Socket 478 and I was looking at the cool master Jet 4 heatsink, its for a socket 478 but it says 3.6ghz and up. Can I still use this with my 2.8?

also, my cpu came with a heatsink. Is it better to buy a different heatsink to use instead of the one my cpu came with?

the one ur cpu comes with is fine but its not the best, also that hs is fine 4 ur cpu the 3.6 means it can cool cpus up to 3.6 ghz which create more heat than your 2.8ghz, its jus a way of rating them

thanks, thats very helpful. I just wanted to make sure that it was compatible with my cpu. Thanks again for the reply.

thanks for the replies.

im gunna ditch the heatsink that comes with my cpu, and get the coolmaster jet 4.

Now i just need to get some memory and i'll have everything to get my computer running. Im excited! :D I have an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard. I read that Asus recommends using Kingston memory with their motherboards. Is it a good idea to go with what brand they recommend? Also would it be better to buy one stick of 512mb or 2x 256mb and run dual channel? Im not sure, If i did get the 1x 512mb I know i would eventually upgrade with another stick of 512mb and run dual channel, but i dont know how soon i would upgrade, what is better the 2x 256mb or just 1 512mb?

When a mobo manufacturer recommends ram there probably being payed to do that all ram should work , just dont get a no name brand, kingston is good though dont get me wrong but you dont have to get kingston, I dont think theres any difference in getting 512 rather than 256X2 just make sure the ram is the same speed or it will run at the slowest speed ram you have

512X1 is better than 256X2

with 512x1 you can add another 512x1 later and get a gig
with 256x2 you cant just add another 256x2 to get a gig (in most boards)

256X2 running in Dual Channel mode will no doubt whoop the crap out of a single 512MB chip running in non dual channell mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom