Hp zv6000 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoricx

Beta member
I started having trouble with my laptop this morning and can't seem to figure out the cause of my trouble. I searched and didn't find anything like this already. Last night when I finished using my laptop I put it into hibernate like always. I get up this morning and start using it to kill some time before I go to work and I notice that the sound isn't working unless a key is pressed. Doesn't matter what key, any one will make the sound work properly. I hook it up to a set of desktop speakers and it works but seems like a low volume. If you press a key it makes it sound normal. I also noticed that the 9,o,l, and the . key aren't responding, I don't do alot of typing so they may not have been working before, but I just notcied it today. Anyone else have ever had something like this go wrong. I am running XP if it makes any differance.
Thanks

Hello,

HAve you tried a restore point from before yesterday? Have you installed any new hardware, drivers or software? Have you scanned for viruses, malware and adware?

Cheers,
Mak

Try uninstalling the audio driver and reinstalling the driver with the latest version. I don't use hibernate since I never trusted it to work error free 100% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom