GPU cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually I have to disagree. They wont drop your gpu temps 10 degrees sure, but for $6 blowing 22 CFM of hot air directly from your card's exhaust and out of the case where it wont further heat what is typically a computers most poorly cooled area without having to worry about compatibility or warranty is a good deal... Especially if your only concerned with ensuring your factory clocked and cooled gpu doesn't burn itself.

But your right its not going to make a drastic difference on your card temps in most cases unless you have several heat sensitive pci cards and your gpu's cooler doesn't include an exterior case exhaust.

actually I have to disagree. They wont drop your gpu temps 10 degrees sure, but for $6 blowing 22 CFM of hot air directly from your card's exhaust and out of the case where it wont further heat what is typically a computers most poorly cooled area without having to worry about compatibility or warranty is a good deal... Especially if your only concerned with ensuring your factory clocked and cooled gpu doesn't burn itself.

But your right its not going to make a drastic difference on your card temps in most cases unless you have several heat sensitive pci cards and your gpu's cooler doesn't include an exterior case exhaust.

i don't mean to nit pick, but i have personally used such pci exhaust fans, they did not lower the temps of my gpu even 1c.

i don't mean to nit pick, but i have personally used such pci exhaust fans, they did not lower the temps of my gpu even 1c.

i think they are used to just drop the ambient temps inside the case and not any specific part. (which is kinda stupid to talk about these inside a GPU cooling thread)

If you want to drop GPU temps the best thing would be to just invest into a after-market GPU cooler and not a PCI exhaust fan.

if you want to drop GPU temps the best thing would be to just invest into a after-market GPU cooler and not a PCI exhaust fan.

did i not already say that?

money would be better spent on an aftermarket cooler.

also, the pci exhaust fan still does a bang up job at case temp lowering, one side panel fan would kick it's ***....but this is off topic from the original post, he has found his answer anyway, so lets move on.

those fans are useless, maybe if ur gcard just has a heatsink silent pipe and no fan setup then it might be worth it. with that card the air is pushed right out the back and putting the pci fan in front just creates a bad airflow situation. both fans are sucking in and it wont help at all. like was said. it is better fo taking hot air out through the case, not really for a gpu.

also dont worry bout any aftermarket cooling solution, even after overclocking those gpus withstand alot of heat u got no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom