Why won't my system boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
So I installed the 24 pin and the the ATX 4 pin.

Preety sure I got everything connected, and when I press the Power button, the motherboard lights up for less than 1 sec. The fans Don't even have time to react.

Anyone know what can possibly be wrong? Only thing I actually have a doubt is the motherboard did not had those brass thingies which most cases come with. Neither did I used any washers or whatever their called.

Could that be causing the problem? I know the motherboard works and PSU, because I tried it on my alienware case.

So the motherboard is just screwed down onto the case? Yes, that would be your problem then, because you're shorting out your motherboard (the contacts on the backa re not supposed to contact metal). Get some brass standoffs. If you want to make sure everything does actually work, take everything out of the case, and lay it on a table and try to boot. if everything boots up fine, then you'll know its the case.

Dang so did actually damaged it? cause I tried powering up a couple of times.

Also on the PSU O means off and I means on?

My case only came with 3 or 4 brass thingies so I guessed they were optional.

Shouldn't have damaged it. That's why I said try taking everything out, setting it on a table, and powering it up to see if that works or not.

Yes, O = off, and I = on.

No, they're not optional.

Definately didn't damage the motherboard, the reason it shuts off automatically is to prevent damage, otherwise there would be multiple short circuits, and completely destroy the board.

Sweet, feel so much better now.

Thanks guys. (this is my 2 build now) in less than a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom