Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did some shopping, and got some more stuff so here's pictures of what I got so far. If I'm forgetting anything please let me know so I can pick it up. Thanks!

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01246.jpg

That's a nice little shopping spree. You might want to consider returning that sander for a mouse sander, the pointed tip comes in handy for getting into odd corners and such. I use it a lot more than my round and square palm sanders.

Also, look for a very small, fine file set, something like this:

Busy Bee Tools Item Detail

Dirt cheap and I use them more than the bigger ones.

You have a dremel already? Handiest tool of all....What size hole saws are those? I think I see 4" BTW, that's a kick arse drill

If you're looking to spend more then you can always get a jig saw but really the dremel is the key, that tool can do almost anything with the right bits.

Yea I have a dremel already. The 400XPR. The hole saws are 4" 3" and 1". I think I may pick up a mouse sander to add to that collection, but I'm not sure yet. I'm already up around $700 in tools.

lol, nice.

One more thing to add to the mix, a dust mask, better to get one with the cartridges so that when you paint you can just swap in the appropriate cartridges for painting rather than particulates.

Worse case scenario some N95 dust masks will work for the most part.

Eye protection.

Had a little incident with dremel last weekend. Needless to say it resulting in a trip to the ER so they could remove the steel bit form my eye...

Also, IIRC the hole saw you need for a 120mm fan is a 4.5" not a 4"

Eye protection.

Had a little incident with dremel last weekend. Needless to say it resulting in a trip to the ER so they could remove the steel bit form my eye...

Also, IIRC the hole saw you need for a 120mm fan is a 4.5" not a 4"

Yeah, how's that going now? You never came back onto msn, didn't get to hear the end of the story :p.

I've had some near misses over the years....the worst is "oh its just a quick cut and I can't find my glasses, what are the odds, I'll just cut it now" then bang! we had one guy at work who was using a nail gun, the nail deflected off the wall and came back to hit him in the glasses, it broke through the lens and stopped, logged in the glasses the tip was 1mm from his eye ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom