Amd 64, Amd Fx-51, Amd Fx-53

Status
Not open for further replies.

bew556

Baseband Member
What is the difference between these three? So far I know the FX is true 64-bit and all include 1mb l2. What are the other differences and what speeds do the two FX's run at?

FX-51 @ 2.2ghz
FX-53 @ 2.4ghz

Am I right on this?

The reason I ask is because I have the 64 3200+ 1mb l2 and I wanted to upgrade to a much faster 64-bit processor and was wondering what I should go with? Does the 64 3800+ come in socket 754? I ask because I don't want to have to upgarde motherboard.

Anything 3500+ and above are socket 939.

So yea, if you're looking forward to it, your gonna have to get a new mobo.

Don't know why you would want to upgrade already?

The most gain you would see would be to go with a 3700+ which is 2.4Ghz unless you wanted to switch mobos out and get a 3800+ which is also 2.4Ghz but is capable of Dual channel ram

So the MOST gain you could possibly see is .4 Ghz which is about 20%....not worth the 500+dollars it would cost.

they have made socket 939 just to accomodate both FX series and 64 series processors.

last processor in 754 pins is 3700+ and this is only one coming with 1MB L2 Cache, else all others are 512K. and I believe they wont make any more on this pin.

difference between FX and 64 series is the memory controller being 128-Bit in FX and 64-Bit in 64 series. in other words, FX series is built on Server CPU Optron core.

I guess I just wasn't happy with the performance of my comp. I want to be able to run hl2 with most of the settings turned all the way up. Of course I havn't bought my new video card yet so that should boost the performance of my pc a lot. What is dual channel ram?

The 2.0ghz 3200+ is MORE than enough to play Half life 2, the Video card is the component you want to get the best of if you want to play on super high settings.

For graphics...Graphics card>CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom