Noisy Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobojuice

WOOOOOOOO
Hey guys. I got an old Maxtor 20 Gig 5400 that i got for free from some dude. It makes a crazy mega loud buzzing noise while its running, but it seems to be running okay. I've used it a couple of times to store some stuff. You guys think its just a matter of time before this thing craps out or what?

Maxtor is loud infact, I have used a 20Gig 7200RPM, and when shuts down the PC, its like shutting down aircraft engine.

you cant do anything to lower down its sound, so be with it.

I've heard about a silencer/cooler for hdd, I don't remember what it's called but I will look for it.

yes they do exsist, called hard drive silencing kit, but does not eventully help in cooling as its felt inside and a plastic box outside, actual concern was weathre this noise is because of fault or else, and it wasnt as Maxtor does make loud noise.

as if you want to buy that silencing kit, then this is the site:

www.quietpc.com

I dont think you guys understand. Its not the normal kind of noise. Its like a constant buzzing. But extremely loud, like if i stuck the edge of a paper in a fan. It doesnt matter anyway, i got it for free. THanks for the input.

well, like wise, old maxtors were on fluid bearings, may be bearings have dead now. it ma cuase some bad sectors showing up soon.

as its free, use it until dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom